Skin care in summer, beat the heat naturally to keep your skin hydrated
Published : 08 Jun 2018, 12:43:00
The changing weather can play havoc with your skin. The combination of heat and humidity can give your skin rashes or you may even get dry patches on your face. Sangeeta Velaskar, Vice President, R&D and Head, Medical Services from Kaya Clinic, and Sonia Mathur, Head-Training and Competence Development at Divine Organics gives tips for hydrated healthy skin:
* It is important to apply sunscreen to your face before going out in the morning. Even if it’s not sunny outside, the sun’s powerful rays can damage your skin.
* It is not good to use hot water directly on the skin as it washes away the sebum that is required to retain moisture. A good way is to use lukewarm water for washing your face.
* Using the right kind of moisturiser is the key to skin hydration. During summer, you should opt for moisturisers which are water-based instead of oil-based.
* Hydrate your skin with a hydrating mask at least twice a week. This will not only help in hydrating the skin but also in removing excess oils and other impurities.
* Drinking an adequate amount of water (at least 8 glasses a day) is essential as water helps in digestion, circulation, absorption and getting rid of skin toxins. If your skin is not getting sufficient amount of water, the lack of hydration will present itself by dry and flaky skin.
* Toner therapy is something that is overlooked by many. For glowing and hydrated skin, add toner therapy to your beauty regime. It reduces open pores which often capture dust, dirt and pollution leading to acne.-IANS